Psoriasiform Eruption Clearance Following Psychiatric Treatment
The occurrence of psoriasis vulgaris could be associated with higher psychiatric morbidity. In this case report, we present a patient with bipolar mood disorder and psychotic features whose dermatological signs recovered after the psychiatric disorder partial treatment. Dermatological diseases could be associated with psychiatric disorders, and recurrence of psychiatric symptoms might be associated with the recurrence of the skin lesions.
2. National Psoriasis Foundation. Statistics [Internet]. 2018 [Cited 2018 June 2]. Available from: https://www.psoriasis.org/content/statistics.
3. UpToDate. Treatment of psoriasis in adults [Internet]. 2018 [cited 2018 June 2]. Available from:ttps://www.uptodate.com/contents/treatment-of-psoriasis-in-adults.
4. Fortune DG, Richards HL, Griffiths CEM. Psychologic factors in psoriasis: Consequences, mechanisms, and interventions. Dermatologic Clinics. 2005; 23(4):681-94. [DOI:10.1016/j.det.2005.05.022] [PMID]
5. Szumański J, Kokoszka A. [Psychological factors in psoriasis: review of literature (Polish)]. Psychiatria Polska. 2001; 35(5):831-8.
6. Shafii M, Shafii SL. Exploratory psychotherapy in the treatment of psoriasis: Twelve hundred years ago. Archives of General Psychiatry. 1979; 36(11):1242-5. [DOI:10.1001/ archpsyc.1979.01780110096012].