Integration of Basic Sciences with Clinical Medicine
2. Schmidt H. Integrating the teaching of basic sciences, clinical sciences, and biopsychosocial issues. Acad Med. 1998;73:24-31.
3. Bandiera G, Boucher A, Neville A, Kuper A, Hodges B. Integration and timing of basic and clinical sciences education. Med Teach. 2013;35(5):381-7.
4. Bradley P, Mattick K. Integration of basic and clinical sciences–AMEE 2008. Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, UK. 2008.
5. Bergman EM, Prince KJ, Drukker J, van der Vleuten CP, Scherpbier AJ. How much anatomy is enough? Anatomi Sci Edu. 2008;1(4):184-8.
6. Kulasegaram KM, Martimianakis MA, Mylopoulos M, Whitehead CR, Woods NN. Cognition before curriculum: rethinking the integration of basic science and clinical learning. Acad Med. 2013;88(10):1578-85.
7. Mann KV. Thinking about learning: Implications for principle based professional education. J Cont Edu Health Profes. 2002;22(2):69-76.
8. Bordage G. Elaborated knowledge: A key to successful diagnostic thinking. Acad Med. 1994;69(11):883-5.
9. Brynhildsen J, Dahle L, Fallsberg MB, Rundquist I, Hammar M. Attitudes among students and teachers on vertical integration between clinical medicine and basic science within a problembased undergraduate medical curriculum. Med Teach. 2002;24(3):286-8.
10. Spencer AL, Brosenitsch T, Levine AS, Kanter SL. Back to the basic sciences: an innovative approach to teaching senior medical students how best to integrate basic science and clinical medicine. Acad Med. 2008;83(7):662-9.
11. Başak O, Yaphe J, Spiegel W, Wilm S, Carelli F, Metsemakers JF. Early clinical exposure in medical curricula across Europe: an overview. Eur J General Pract. 2009;15(1):4-10.
12. Harden RM. The integration ladder: a tool for curriculum planning and evaluation. Med Edu Oxford. 2000;34(7):551-7.
13. Bowe CM, Voss J, Thomas Aretz H. Case method teaching: An effective approach to integrate the basic and clinical sciences in the preclinical medical curriculum. Med Teach. 2009;31(9):834- 41.
14. Jacobson K, Fisher DL, Hoffman K, Tsoulas KD. Integrated Cases Section: a course designed to promote clinical reasoning in year 2 medical students. Teach Learn Med. 2010;22(4):312-6.
15. Woloschuk W, Mandin H, Harasym P, Lorscheider F, Brant R. Retention of basic science knowledge: a comparison between body systembased and clinical presentation curricula. Teach Learn Med. 2004;16(2):116-22.
16. [Available from: https://www.urmc.roch ester.edu/education/md/admissions/mdcurriculum.aspx.
17. MD program 2017 [Available from: http://www.med.upenn.edu/admissions/modules- 2-3.html. 18. Duke curriculum 2017 [Available from: https://medschool.duke.edu/education/studentservices/office-curricular-affairs/about-dukecurriculum.
19. Integrated curriculum 2017 [Available from: https://med.ucf.edu/academics/md-program/ integ rated-curriculum/.
20. Brown University 2017 [Available from: https://www.brown.edu/acad emics/medical/education/clinical-curriculum-over view-years-3-and-4.
21. Fundamentals of Medicine and Dentistry 2013 [Available from: http://www.mcgill.ca/ugme/ curriculum/fundamentals-medicine-and-dentistryfmd.
22. Study medicine at Oxford, pre-clinical Course structure 2013 [Available from: http://www. medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/pre-clinical/str ucture/home#first-bm.
23. Medical education at Yale [Available from: http://medicine.yale.edu/education/curriculum/int egrated/.
24. Doctor of Medicine [Available from: http://mdhsstudy.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/doctor-of-med icine/overview.
Copyright (c) 2018 Case Reports in Clinical Practice
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.