Mesenteric Ischemia in a Case of COVID-19
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is now a global threat. Various papers have addressed the pulmonary symptoms of this viral disease. Also, thrombotic complications have been highly prevalent among COVID-19 patients. Reports on rare presentations of COVID-19 can help fast diagnosis and management. In this study, a COVID-19 patient is presented who developed mesenteric ischemia.
2. Song F, Shi N, Shan F, Zhang Z, Shen J, Lu H, et al. Emerging 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) pneumonia. 2020;295(1):210-7.
3. Zou X, Chen K, Zou J, Han P, Hao J, Han ZJFom. Single-cell RNA-seq data analysis on the receptor ACE2 expression reveals the potential risk of different human organs vulnerable to 2019-nCoV infection. 2020:1-8.
4. Hamming I, Timens W, Bulthuis M, Lely A, Navis Gv, van Goor HJTJoPAJotPSoGB, et al. Tissue distribution of ACE2 protein, the functional receptor for SARS coronavirus. A first step in understanding SARS pathogenesis. 2004;203(2):631-7.
5. Bhayana R, Som A, Li MD, Carey DE, Anderson MA, Blake MA, et al. Abdominal imaging findings in COVID-19: preliminary observations. 2020:201908.
6. Klok F, Kruip M, Van der Meer N, Arbous M, Gommers D, Kant K, et al. Incidence of thrombotic complications in critically ill ICU patients with COVID-19. 2020.
7. Luo S, Zhang X, Xu HJCG, Hepatology. Don't overlook digestive symptoms in patients with 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). 2020.
8. Tang N, Li D, Wang X, Sun ZJJot, haemostasis. Abnormal coagulation parameters are associated with poor prognosis in patients with novel coronavirus pneumonia. 2020;18(4):844-7.
9. Jose RJ, Manuel AJTLRM. COVID-19 cytokine storm: the interplay between inflammation and coagulation. 2020.
10. Bikdeli B, Madhavan MV, Jimenez D, Chuich T, Dreyfus I, Driggin E, et al. COVID-19 and Thrombotic or Thromboembolic Disease: Implications for Prevention, Antithrombotic Therapy, and Follow-Up: JACC State-of-the-Art Review. 2020;75(23):2950-73.
|Issue||Vol 5 No Covid- 19 (2020)|
|COVID-19 Mesenteric Ischemia SARS-CoV-2|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|